Wednesday, May 29, 2013

To Love & Be Loved In Return

     I have a dream to adopt a child.  I knew that I had to try.  I will have no regrets because I tried everything humanly possible to make my dream a reality.  This included putting myself out there in a way I am not comfortable with.  It included making myself vulnerable.  It included asking for help.  A friend of mine told me, "there is something to be said for leaving no stone unturned."  I can say I did that. 

     For me, loving people is easy.  With the support of my friends, I learned how to be loved in return.  You showed me about the kind of person I would like to be.  I will never forget the supportive words, encouragement, questions, insight, empathy, and sincerity that make me feel confident the world is a better place with you in it.  I feel lucky to know you all.  You made me feel like a mother even if just for a while.
     As for the Adopt Together site, I will keep the funds until I feel certain I know what the next step will be.  If I do not adopt, I will be donating to a site to help other families.
     If you know other families who are adopting, please show them your support as well.  There are lots of kids out there in need of homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment